Thursday, September 4, 2008

super 8 (a chilean remedy)

After a busy 36 hours I'm finally back to blog land, yipidee do dah! Things haven't changed much since I've left have they? Anywho, the rest of my yesterday went really well. Class was just as interesting as I'd imagined and dinner was delish, more lentil soup alongside a lettuce and cucumber salad. I swear lentils never get old, I could eat them for days on end. Which I did, but I'm getting ahead of myself.
I woke up around 7:30 this morning after a very good night's sleep and had another revelation. Pear-Banana Oatmeal. Unfortunately fate was not in my favor, no more bananas :(, so I just had the pear. It turned out yummy but I know would've been even better, I'll get back to you on that one tomorrow. About two hours later I left to go to my very first class at Club Arena. Ahhmazing. I made sure to get there a little early to introduce myself to the teacher. She's great. And then we had such an invigorating and challenging hour of yoga, pilates, and tai-chi. The class is great. I cannot wait until Thursday when I get to go again! I got home about a quarter to 12, took a quick shower and went into the kitchen to find my lunch already served. My "mom" and I discussed my wonderful experience at the gymnasio over the last bowls of Lentil soup (tear) and a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocado. Unfortunately, immediately following the meal I began to feel under the weather. Sore throat, headache, achy, no fun. I had my first art class though that I couldn't imagine missing so I took some medicine and off I went. I was really glad I did because it was so nice to get back into drawing and the professor is incredibly talented. We had a female model right off the bat and worked in marker and pencil. However, since I wasn't feeling 100%, the 4 hours were a bit too much for me. By the end of it I was so ready to go home. Once there I was immediately sent to change into my pajamas and get into bed. And a few moments later my host-mom brought in hot tea, a heated blanket, and a comforting dinner. Mmm, Spinach Frittata, Mashed Potato & Pumpkin, Celery salad, Lettuce salad, and finally, 2 slices of Avocado. Like I said, mmm.
But that's not all folks, the perks continued... About a half an hour after the dinner-in-bed service, my "mom" came back with a Super 8, chocolate-covered wafer bar, just for me. According to her, no true Chilean would ever pass one up, so, basically, I had to eat it. Yummy :). I'm feeling better already, my stomach is happy, and the second dose of medicine has kicked in. Hopefully taking it easy tonight will preserve my health for tomorrow and beyond. Have a great night guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts...