Gosh, anyone else exhausted today? I don't know what it is but I've been looking forward to going to sleep again from the moment I woke up this morning! Even my energizing afternoon walk wasn't enough to keep me charged at work today. I was productive though, and happened to stumble upon one of my uploaded "articles" in the process. I put it in quotes because I didn't have much heavy writing but my work is officially live on Modelinia. Check it out, I like seeing my name ;).In other news, I tried kale for the first time today... and loved it. I made a reformed massaged kale salad for lunch and, although my mom teased me about massaging my farmer's market greens, she admitted that it was pretty delicious as well :). Here's my method :
- Wash a bunch of kale and five large spinach leaves (to offset kale's bitterness, just in case.)
- Chop the greens into small pieces and throw them into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle in a tablespoon (to soften the kale), squeeze the juice of a half a lemon, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil onto the kale and spinach.
- Cut an entire avocado into small cubes and add to the bowl.
- Get to work, you masseuse you, for at least two minutes. The salad should shrink to nearly half it's original size.
- Allow the freshly-tender greens to sit for another few minutes as you prepare a couple of other raw vegetables to add to the salad. I chose yellow pepper, zucchini, and onion.
- Toss the greens with your additional raw veggies in a new bowl and... bon appetit!