- What’s the first thing you did this morning? Rolled out of bed, put the kettle on for green tea, and poured myself a glass of lemon water. It's one of the only "detox habits" I swear by. I tend to wake up thirsty anyway, and the warm water with lemon juice feels as cleansing as it is--the lemon stimulates the liver and the water flushes out the kidneys.
- Where would you build or buy a second home or apartment? Assuming I already own an apartment? ;) By the time I have a first home, I expect it to be in New York, so I suppose I wouldn't mind a second one somewhere along the Mediterranean coast (talk about a dream come true). Or perhaps a Parisian pied-à-terre.
- Sleepless in Seattle or You’ve Got Mail? I've got to go with You've Got Mail. It was so revolutionarily romantic for its time! Also, I kind of despise the Empire State Building scenes in Sleepless in Seattle ; too cheesy for me.
- What song gets you pumped? Currently, I'm all about "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood. Case in point.
- Favorite magazine? I've been on a New Yorker-kick as of late. This article is just one reason why.
- What’s your #1 way to de-stress? Walking, it has been for a few years now. I've found green spaces to have the optimal de-stress effect. Science has proven it, too.
- Favorite reality show? I've honestly never watched reality shows. I'm one of few who can't stand 'em, I realize this.
- Brunch – yay or nay? Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay... I could go on, but, ye.
- Favorite board game? Guess Who? or Clue. Apparently I was into games that demanded intellectual prowess ;).
Saturday, October 26, 2013
kinfolk qs & snail mail
Good morning and happy weekend. I am in the brightest of moods after such a lovely Kinfolk gathering. And I'd love to share my experience with you here! But, I can't... because I enjoyed this unforgettable meal at Holybelly camera-less [hangs head in shame]. Words alone won't do it justice so I'm hoping a new friend will lend me his/her photographic evidence. It's worth waiting for, promise. In the mean time, shall we get to know each other better? Last weekend, Archana bestowed me with a second (!) Liebster award. I also wanted to give a shout-out to Danielle who sent me the sweetest "back to school" package from New York. Merci, vous deux!