Saturday, June 14, 2008

18 hours and counting

Woah. Any one else hear Blossom's brother? Haha, that was my favorite television show for quite a few years when I was younger! And he definitely said it the way I feel right now! I'm surprisingly not feeling much of anything... the calm before the storm? Not to say that I'm not ready or looking forward to tomorrow but I'd expected to be really nervous or really excited or really something? Hm, I'm waiting on it. Sorry for not posting yesterday, I was so busy! The smoothie didn't end up holding me as long as I'd hoped so around 3 I had another Veggie Hummus Wrap. I need to use up the hummus before I leave :) I'll probably have another one today. I ate an apple for dessert while enjoying the sunshine on my patio. I'm beyond glad that the weather cooled down, I love spending time outside! For dinner I went with my family to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Yep, a steak house. I obviously didn't choose it but my parents had a gift certificate and it was a really nice restaurant. I had a slice of bread and House Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette to start. That was probably the highlight of the meal because my entree, Chilean Sea Bass (coincidence? lol) was nothing to brag about. I asked it to be made without butter and maybe that's the flavor they usually depend on. I had a side of Broccoli to up my veggie-count. When I got home I had a small bowl of grapes and two Late July cookies to fulfill my sweets & chocolate craving for the night. By the way, I haven't been blogging about it but I've been doing great with my resolutions and waking up everyday, at least 4 times a week, to jog for the past 3 weeks. I didn't want to jinx it by telling you and then not being able to do it. But I did it :) hope I can keep it up when I'm away! So have I mentioned that I didn't sleep a wink last night? I simply could not relax and no herbal tea would do it for me. I actually spoke to a friend of mine from school (who lives in Oklahoma) for 2 hours at 3 in the morning (2 for OK) since she was waiting for her sister to get home. It's so weird saying goodbye on the phone, especially I've unfortunately gotten used to not seeing her because she spent the last semester in Florence, Italy. We already made plans for her to stay with me in December though, it's going to be amazing, she's thes best! I had a bowl of oatmeal afterwards since I was already hungry for breakfast. It was about 5 am at this point. I stayed up a few more hours until I suddenly fell asleep around 7 and woke up again at 11. I'm kind of bummed starting my day so late but I did need some shut-eye. I had another smoothie, this time with a lot more berries since I wanted to finish them up and no peanut butter because I had it with my oatmeal for breakfast. It the spot as usual! Now I need to run a few very last minute errands and help my mom prepare for the bbq tonight. Since I live so close to NYC I'm also much closer to Kennedy Airport than a lot of the students I'm flying to Ecuador with so I invited 2 extremely far ones, that I'm sure will be my friends soon, to spend the night. Not only would it have been far and long for their parents to drive back and forth but they would have to do so beginning at midnight since our flight takes of at 6:20 am. Good thing the girls are coming with me! It'll be nice to have some immediate company to get me excited, plus, my parents will be able to meet theirs and them over some food which will hopefully settly my mom and dad's nevers a bit. Alright well, I'm going to go live my last day in the US for a while, I hope everyone can make the most of this beautiful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts...