Aside from the two family Christmas parties and a festive, friendly brunch, I also attended two holiday parties; One at my cousin's apartment, and another in Astoria with college friends. Both included lots of good food and conversation.
My cousin Bianca's included dancing as well, (as to be expected since she's a classically-trained dancer). Whereas my friend's additionally featured a Yankee Swap, (during which I was lucky enough to snag these Anthropologie glasses). For those who are unfamiliar, a Yankee Swap is a gift exchange game in which each guest (1) brings a wrapped, unmarked gift and (2) is given a number as they arrive which designates which order they'll choose from the pile of unmarked gifts. The twist is that, at their turn, each guest can also choose to "steal" from a gift that has already been opened. In this case, the guest whose original gift had been stolen has the opportunity to choose another one from the pile or steal one from someone else. Keep it in mind for next year ;) it's quite fun.Anyway, as I was reviewing the numerous photos taken these two nights, I came upon the one above. Unlike many others that were so hysterically wine-induced, I thought this one was simply cute--one of many laughs shared between Bianca and I. And it inspired me to share some silly things I've been entertaining myself with:
- The Top 10 Tips and Tricks for a Winter Body on hellogiggles. My favorite is either "Try doing everyday stuff with mittens on," or "If it doesn't have a crust on, don't eat it."
- Just Dance 3. My sister got this Wii game for Christmas. The song variety is awesome and the choreography is just challenging enough to make even the most coordinated (my sister) look absolutely ridiculous. Two nights ago, I played for an hour and a half. And my arms still hurt.
- Take me as I am by Wyclef Jean. It's very possible I've been listening to the Love Actually soundtrack one too many times, but, 'tis the season. No matter how many times I hear it, I can't help but laugh at the first few lines.
- What's the Most Annoying Kind of Facebook Update? poll in January's Real Simple. Ha. I'd definitely have to agree with "Intentionally vague posts meant to generate concern and attention, a.k.a. vaguebooking. 'Jennifer wonders whether it's all been worth it.'" and "Chronic complaining. 'Ugh, who ordered this RAIN? It's making my carpal tunnel act up again.'"
- New Girl on FOX. If you start watching one new show in 2012, please make it this one. I'm obviously a huge Zoeey Deschanel fan.
P.S. Every time I say "silly goose"--or, rather, every time I hear "silly goose," because, let's be serious, I don't say it often--I'm reminded at how gross ma soeur finds the phrase. Don't ask me why... but the thought cracks me up.