When I first chose to adhere to my innate need for spontaneity, I asked the boy to have three things ready for me at his apartment: bananas, salad, and wine. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the second. We ate our his and hers (left and right) with Coronas and then ordered an eggplant pizza for dinner later on. The next morning, I used a banana from the recently-purchased bunch in my morning oats. But where, oh where, was that vino?
Following my day of homework and a rheumatologist visit, I reunited with my favorite medical student. Our plans were to go out to dinner for Restaurant Week... but then, we developed a new crush. How could we resist? This wine & spirits store is beyond amazing.
Soon after, with our bottle of organic Chilean wine, we followed our cravings to Kami Sushi.
[Seaweed salad for her, Avocado salad for him]
[Miso soup x 2]
[Temaki combo for him, NY platter with an A.A.C roll for her]
Our meals were absolutely delicious, and it's a good thing too as this was technically our Valentine's Day dinner. Once again, I will not be with the boy "for the holiday of love when sweeties across America celebrate with crimson roses, chocolate hearts, cuddly stuffed animals and candlelit dinners for two", instead, I'll be in Arizona with family. A lot less romantic (and nauseating?) although I will most definitely be missing him as usual.
I seriously cannot believe it's February. This semester is moving so swiftly, but there's a lot to look forward to before it's bittersweet end. Let's look at my tentative social events calendar, shall we?
- February 10: Foreign film with Genevieve; Syracuse, NY
- February 12-15: Family trip; Scottsdale, Arizona
- February 19: AXO Downtown; Syracuse, NY
- February 27: Villanova game (with the boy); Syracuse, NY
- March 12-14: Weekend getaway (with the boy); The Berkshires, MA
- March 19-21: Fitbloggin'; Baltimore, Maryland
- March 30-April 2: Best friend's visit; Syracuse, NY
- April ?: K & D road trip; Montreal, Canada
- April ?: Parents weekend, CNY Wine Trail; Syracuse, NY
- May ?: Roomies retreat; Niagara Falls, NY