a windy and wet Biarritz last week. The ocean was incredible from a distance. We watched in amazement as it violently thrashed about, and we weren't the only ones. Residents gathered, too. The scene reminded of my least favorite descriptor of women: crazy. We appropriate "crazy" when describing disagreeable, emotional, and otherwise 'unstable' ladies far too often. It's neither nice nor accurate. With all the word's negative connotations, it's also unnecessarily offensive. I wish that'd just wash away.
a spectacular resto of basque moderne cuisine before visiting other Pays Basque destinations in better weather.
International Women's Day...
- On International Women's Day: Working to make it right.
- For those who think I rant about the patriarchy and misogyny too much.
- International Women's Day: In defence of feminist dissent.
- It’s Woman’s Day In Ukraine. Here’s What That Means For The Mothers And Daughters Living With Revolution.
- Sheryl Sandberg and Anna Maria Chávez on 'Bossy,' the Other B-word.